Monday, March 19, 2012

[OtherReview] Jenny Sherwood Massage Workshop ►ZERO STAR◄



Company
Jenny Sherwood Massage Workshop - South Perth
Name of person I dealed with
Jenny
Coupon
Scoopon: Brought a coupon $49 (usually $250) for half day massage workshop
Stars
ZERO


PRO:
  • Would have been good chance to learn new things – but did not went so good

CON: Oh boy, where do I start?
  • Class is packed, 30 people in small room on hot day to learn massage - Jenny sure did over crowded the classroom. Usually it would be 10 people per class, so that everyone can learn and have fair time - but no, Jenny packed 30 people in 1 class to get the job done faster - but that just lower quality indefinitely.
  • She seemed pretty judgmental, did not make me feel good at all
  • I called in 2 months before expiry date, only to be offered 2 different class timetable. She couldve have more classes opening since so many vouchers were sold for this but I guess that would've mean she took that extra step and it was obvious she did not want to take that step
  • Her massage teaching was so so. She gave everyone a sheet of paper with basic  massage techniques (which I couldve googled but oh well, no biggie) then she showed us basic posture to help with our back (took 1 hour, if it was a smaller class of 10, it couldve taken half that time), she then got 2 massage table out and for next 2 hours we were to massage like 6 different people (wow, sweet [insert sarcastic tone here]) and at the end we massaged the person next to us for 15 minutes, and then I get my 15 minute massage. DONE!

CON 2: My friend's experience
  • If everything is not bad enough, my friend purchased the same coupon but booked on different day than me.
  • The coupon said must contact Jenny 3 days before it expires, and my friend contacted Jenny 1 whole month before it expired! Yet Jenny was all like "Sorry too late, no more class available" - does that sound fair? My friend paid for the coupon, contacted Jenny in fair time (1 month when only 3 days was necessary) only to be told that there are no more classes available? When she stood up for her right, Jenny said ok, she will do 1 class since so many people contacted in so late (?? - 1 month is not late, its just her not having more classes open. I contacted 2 months before and was offered only 2 class availability) jenny is willing to have 1 more class - at a price of $39 each from everyone --- thats right people, Jenny is saying to have 1 more class (when everyone are entitled to it) they need to pay her $39 extra (that is outside the $49 for the coupon deal at Scoopon).
  • In total my friend (and the other poor unfortunate people of 15 or so) need to pay $49+$39 = $88 bucks, just cause little Jenny didnt want to accommodate everyone for the class availability. Talk about professionalism.

OVERALL:
Bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad x infinity. I would never want to return to see jenny's face again. The techniques she taught was so basic that I went home learning nothing new. I was not happy with Jenny's attitude, and she lacked professionalism. To make people pay extra $39 just because that contacted her "too late" (1 month ahead is not too late little princess) was very unfair. The worst part? She and her deal is back on scoopon, taking more people hard earn money - that just aint right. Please everyone, please stay away from Jenny and her Massage workshop located on Canning Highway. Please!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG thank you for this entry. I was (silly) to purchase via Scoopon Jenny Sherwood's 10x yoga/pilates class card for $49. When it came to booking my first class, had so much difficulty contacting her via all means- website, email, mobile. Each method told you to contact her via another method. I finally tried Scoopon customer service and finally got a reply from Jenny. She had quite an attitude, and scoopon was not much use. I did get an appointment time for a class in the end, but I ended up not going. Going to a yoga/pilates class led by someone with major attitude problems and caused me so much grief really put me off. I complained to Scoopon and they just ignored me.

Anonymous said...

Jenny makes me sick to the stomach. She's making money by doing half ass job! Run away people. Run away!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had read these comments before I purchased a Scoopon for her yoga classes. This was by far THE worst yoga class I ever been to. It was under a gym (with all it's noise) in a window-less sweaty room. Jenny is rude, pushy and totally disinterested in teaching yoga. She hardly gave any instructions and in my opinion pushes people way past their limits which can easily result in injuries. Not once did she attend to struggling students. Nor did she offer any guidance as to how to achieve certain poses. Once you see how many deal sites she is on, you can see how she makes her money. "10 classes for cheap" is good for her as people only go once and never come back! Jenny, saying "Namaste" does not make you a yoga teacher. I agree with the last comment. Run way! Run away!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't surprised to see yet another coupon from Jenny. Poeple obviously don't stick to her classes because she is such a horrible teacher. I went to a class only to have her walk out half way through and get a student to teach the rest of the class. This was obviously organised but we weren't told this, before during or after she walked out. Very very strange. She needs a career that does not involve people!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I wish I had read this earlier! I too bought a yoga/pilates voucher. Had my first class tonight. What a joke! There were several new people and she did not bother to welcome us, let alone say "hello". The class had no structure and for a beginners class, the level was totally inappropriate. Jenny did not explain or describe the movements and exercises at all. The class is an injury waiting to happen for many. This woman is a disgrace.

Anonymous said...

I totally have to disagree with all of you. Jenny is very committed to her yoga and has many returning students that have been following her for four years now. I have learnt a lot from Jenny and enjoy her classes as after a while you pick up the sequences.If you were a regular you would see that she encourages beginners to come to a beginners yoga workshop so they can learn the techniques, and prevent injury. Jenny DOES adjust the more advanced and does partner work to help with this so we all get more adjustments during advanced classes. Jenny wont adjust a beginner until they have either done a workshop or have been coming regularly. As for her class being in a sweaty room, you are meant to get hot in yoga to sweat out the toxins and prevent injuries. Have you tried Bikram yoga, that's usually done in a room that's around 40 degrees. How can you say the class had no structure? Ashtanga yoga is the same sequence of movements every time you go, so obviously you don't know what you are talking about. It actually makes me sick that people like you are quick to judge after one class. You are the ones buying "cheap" as you say deals as you are tight with your money.

Kerri K said...

Miss Lily, who do you think you are to Judge Jenny from one visit. I have just read your comments and am horrified that you are able to write such things from one bad experience. You are nothing more than a bully and a narcissist. You are very selfish to think that from one workshop you can write about someone's profession who has years of experience and education. I write this because I participated in two of Jenny's massage workshops last year and found her to be very professional and informative. Jenny had 10 massage tables and 20 people in the class. We all got to partner up with someone of similar experience. Jenny would take turns in demonstrating on one of us, and then we would practice that on each other. We had equal time giving and receiving the massage. Jenny's knowledge was both informative and professional, I learnt a lot from what jenny taught us and was so impressed that I booked myself and husband on one of her more advanced workshop which went more into advanced techniques. I gained a lot from Jenny and so did my husband, he's very thankful. I would highly recommend any of my friends to attend any of her workshops.
Lily I know its easy for you to hide behind an alias, but I would like to see you get up and teach a massage workshop for a group of people and see what feed back you get.
As for your blogs Lily, you are a bad bad bad bad bad blogger who has such a big ego and nothing better to do than buy deals and tarnish reputation's of people that are honestly trying to make a living and provide a service that many people appreciate in society. Like you wrote in your little blog about the cupcake, at first bite you didn't like it, but after a second go you were hooked and will keep going back for more. It's a shame you didn't give Jenny the same second chance, because maybe if you did you would have found her to be a very caring lady who gives a lot to her clients and you may have actually learnt something from her, but more importantly, you would have received a massage and been able to give one too. Your lose and I hope people who read this see what kind of person you are as I really find it hard to judge after one person, especially when you don't even know her.

Anonymous said...

Kerry K - I like your use of irony.

"...who do you think you are to Judge Jenny from one visit. I have just read your comments and am horrified that you are able to write such things from one bad experience. You are nothing more than a bully and a narcissist."

"I hope people who read this see what kind of person you are as I really find it hard to judge after one person, especially when you don't even know her. "

Anonymous said...

I doubt that Jenny knows about this as she would not think someone could do this to her, as someone who knows jenny I am going to email her to notify her of this and advise her to take legal action for slander as I will witness this is not true and yes I work in the legal system, so this blog best be removed imediately

Anonymous said...

Jenny Sherwood is a professional alright, a professional thief and liar.
Her classes are atrocious doubled up with her horrible attitude and inability to teach yoga.

You would be far better of using the gym upstairs instead instead of handing her over money, someone who is not even recognised by yoga alliance.

Jenny you are a joke.

Anonymous said...

Shocked to find others also had a bad experience! V hard to contact to get info (rang gym but they dont pass on messages so looked online, emailed & waited over a week for a reply.)
Dont bother buying the 10-class voucher if you're a first timer as you'll actually have to pay another $40 for Beginners' classes (=total $89 instead of $49!)
The first (&ONLY) class I attended, it was packed in like sardines and there was NO direction or teaching at all. Some poses were held way too long for a ' mixed' class and although I'm not a beginner (just out of practice) it pushed me to an unsafe limit. The teacher did not acknowledge or welcome me and didnt introduce herself, so I dont know her name. Because of the packed class many of us had to register at the end of it. I waited in line and when finally at the Reception desk, I presented my voucher. The grumpy blonde woman at the desk (Jenny? Angie?-who'd also led our class) said curtly "Oh you go and wait at the end of the line!" I am a senior and there was nowhere to sit so I sat on the dirty steps with people going back & forth to the gym and waited ANOTHER HALF HOUR before being able to get processed. I decided there and then NEVER TO RETURN. It is not worth any amount of money, least of all $49 (or possibly more accurately, $89!) to be made to feel so unwelcome!



Anonymous said...

Always a worry when yoga is conducted in a gym with lots of ego in the air. Go to Kookaburra Creek for amazing yoga. Fremantle Yoga at E shed markets also excellent. Heaps of people think yoga is all about poses. Sad really that they miss the point. Jenny was in the "do this pretzel like i can" camp in my experience.